Sunday, September 2, 2012

coaster make-over...to easy!

Instead of throwing out your old coaster that are still in good condition, just give them a make-over instead!
I've had a set of 4 coasters for years that I decided either needed a complete change somehow or I was going to throw them out.  Opting for the first option, like most crafters/artist would, I set out to change the world!....well at least my coasters anyway. ;o)

I found this thick textured paper at Michael's for $1.99 a sheet. I only have four coasters so I only needed one.  I decided to go with this bright red reptile print to spice up my coffee table and bring some more color into the room.  Yes, even small items like bright colorful coasters can make a difference.  The eye will naturally gravitate to the item and recognize it as an accent color. 



Lay the coasters face down on the back side the of paper and trace around each and cut out your circles.

Now glue the circles to the coasters (back side to top of coaster) and let sit, face down like above for a while to ensure they have dried.
Once they are sealed in place, take a razor edge and cut any eccess paper off.


Next, you'll want to paint a layer of Modge Podge of the top of each. Make sure it also covers the sides and edge of paper to secure it and keep it from peeling back.  I even took my finger and pressed the edges down firmly all around the coaster just to reassure it stays in place.



Finally, let dry over night and voila..brand new set of coasters! Enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment