Friday, September 28, 2012

Easy Wall Art


So my niece just recently turned 15 and honestly, I was kind of stuck on what to get her.  I wanted to do something a little more personal than the usual clothes or shoes or another hand bag.  Somehow I was going to find something that was unique and inspiring for her as she continues into her teenage years.  So...



First I picked an image online using one of my favorite quotes.  "Keep  your heels, head and standards high".  I absolutely love this and it leaves her with some wise words from her aunt as well ;o)

Next I picked out a  blank canvas large enough to comfortably fit the images I had printed off and decided on a background.  Pink chevron was the winner!  The easiest way for me to make it even with straight lines was to use duck tape as my stencil which is the perfect width for this size canvas.  Using a ruler, I drew horizontal lines in pencil to create boundaries for the chevron print so I would know where to line up the tape. After the stencil had been laid down I filled in between with pink paint.  Once it was completely dry, I then used just a little glue to secure the image on the canvas.  (I recommend using stick glue as the best option for this part of the project.)
  


Finally once everything was dry and in place, I painted the entire canvas with a thin layer of  Modge Podge.   I later added a second coat just to seal the deal.  And..voila!..you're done!




No comments:

Post a Comment