So I have a confession to make..as much as I try to make my daughter eat her veggies and be a good little girl, I've never really been a fan of broccoli myself. It seems the only way I can remotely enjoy it and feel good about 'eating healthy' is in its raw state dripped in creamy dill dip. I know, it's better than nothing, but I figured there had to be a way to cook broccoli for dinner and we both enjoy it. Since greens are important to our diet and I was sure all the added spoonfuls of dressing couldn't be the healthiest way to consume it, I started my search. Of course, it didn't take long on Pinterest before I was flooded with an array of recipes and suggestions, however this one has beaten them all! The broccoli is absolutely delicious and I cook it at least one to two times a week. I'm even guilty of eating it all by itself as a late night snack. It is simple, easy, healthy and ready in 20 mins with minimal prep time. This is a must try.. and oh...my daughter loves it! Enjoy.
1) line baking sheet with foil and spread broccoli apart so they aren't on top of each other
2) drizzle extra virgin olive oil over broccoli
3) salt and pepper to preferred taste (you can even add extra seasoning if you like)
4) cook in oven at 400 degrees for 20 mins. Edges will start to brown a little..that's perfect!
5) drizzle broccoli with lemon juice, but don't over do it or it will overwhelm the flavor
6) sprinkle on some Parmesan cheese cheese
and ....voila!


No comments:
Post a Comment