I am blessed to say that my grandmothers, both my mom and dad's mothers, are still here with us. At the age of 34 that can be a rarity these days but I am one of the lucky ones and have shared so many wonderful memories with them through out my life that I will always cherish. Now that I am a mother myself, it has been an amazing experience to share my daughter with the most influential women in my life. I watch Catori with my grandmother and mother and get a sense of pride as to where it is I come from. This long line of strong and courageous women flows through my blood and now its legacy will continue and carry on through my own children. My roots run deep and are grounded in decades of sacrifice, bravery, humbleness, pride and amazing examples as what it means to be a wife, mother and grandmother. Although it is not often since we all live in different states, when us women do get a chance to get together, it is full of laughter and love and increasing memories to take home. This picture represents my life, my lineage, my past and my future.
From the age of 2 all the way to 90, here is a glimpse at the cycle of life.
My daughter Catori's hand, age 2
My hand, age 34
My mother Debbie's hand, age 58
My grandmother Gwendolyn's hand, age 90


No comments:
Post a Comment