I think I have found the perfect Christmas breakfast! This apple cinnamon oatmeal delight feeds several people, takes no time at all to make & is thrown in the crock-pot the night before. That means there is no messing around in the kitchen come Christmas morning when it's time to open gifts and be with family. Oh yeah and one more perk...it had the kitchen smelling oh so yummy!
Below is the original recipe I saw on Pinterest, but we made a few adjustments to compliment our taste buds. I am not really one for apple skins so we peeled our apples before putting into the mix. Also, my daughter and I thought tossing some raisins into this delicious dish added just the right touch.
You could try it on top of a warm piece of toast or aside a glass of almond milk. Or here's a thought....fill your crock-pot first thing in the morning and have this in the evening for dessert over homemade vanilla bean ice-cream instead!! YUM!
Here's what to do:
Throw 2 sliced red apples, 1/3 cup of brown sugar, & 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
into the bottom of the crock pot.
(here is where you can add raisins or any additional goodies you like)
Next pour 2 cups of oatmeal & 4 cups of water on top.
Do not stir or mix, just let it sit.
Cook overnight for 8-9 hours on low.
Serve when you're ready to feast! Enjoy!





No comments:
Post a Comment