Here you'll find all my favorite things and latest obsessions. From fitness and food to fashion and DIYs... welcome to my world!
Wednesday, November 13, 2013
instant bliss in every room
It's finally here. Cold weather that is. Even though it is already the middle of November, I just now turned my heat on in the house and only at night. I've had the pleasure of not having to run my a/c or heat for the last few weeks, one of the rare perks of Texas weather. So today as I went to change my air filter I wondered if something might work..and it did! This is so easy I still can't believe it actually works. I took one of my favorite essential oils, peppermint, and sprinkled a few droplets on both sides of the filter. A couple hours later when the heat kicked on I had an instant breeze of peppermint kiss my nose! It was bliss. I was excited because I had almost forgotten about the oil and was pleasantly surprised by the sweet scent. Now every time the air kicks on the rooms are instantly filled with a burst of that sweet mint. I'm not sure how long the oil will last, days or weeks, but I do know it's the perfect thing to do to your filters before family & friends come over this holiday season. I can't wait to try this again!
Labels:
air filter,
DIY,
essential oils,
peppermint,
smell goods
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





That's so cool! I'm totally trying it. AND peppermint is perfect for the holiday...boom!!
ReplyDelete